Edible homogenization - are we doing more harm than good?

So hear me out. Edibles are sold in servings, take gummies or cookies for example. When an end-user takes a serving they take a whole gummy and are confident in the fact that it has 10mg (in this example).

Let us assume a producer adds 10mg to each gummy in their manufacturing process. If the lab did not homogenize the gummies while testing and tested the gummies whole, in triplicate, we would have a great understanding of the dose per gummy. The downside of this technique is the argument "What if the other gummies you didn’t test were lower or higher?

Now let us say the producer makes the gummies by adding 100mg of THC to a liquid, homogenized it, and dispenses the gummies. Well, if we test the gummies per piece, in triplicate, not homogenized, we could see if the gummies live up to the label claim and let us pretend that they failed.

If we did the homogenization method and blended the gummies in some manner prior to sampling, we could be doing a better job of homogenization than the client and since the client added 100mg to the batch, we may actually find that they indeed have 10mg per piece, when in actuality they may have five 5mg pieces and five 15 mg pieces.

Do you see what I am getting at here? This has been on my mind for a long time.I am a very big proponent of NOT homogenizing edibles since but rather testing in triplicate. Yet regulations in some areas mandate homogenization.

What are your thoughts?